, Family and Community Education for the Addiction
s ProfessionalTARGET AUDIENCE:
Nurses, Counselors, and other interested Health ProfessionalsCOURSE DESCRIPTION:
• This is a six-hour training aimed at providing an introduction to Client
, Family and Community Education.
• This course directly relates to the domains of assessment, counseling, case management
, client education, and professional responsibility, with a specific substance abuse focus.OBJECTIVES:
Upon completion, the learner will be able to identify:
1. Educational Theories related to provision of Psychoeducation;
2. Educational methods for improving client and family adherence to treatment and relapse prevention
3. Educational Methods to provide primary prevention
in Community Based settings;
4. Community Resources
relevant to provision of education regarding substance use
5. Evidence based strategies and educational materials for providing education to the public.Please note: To receive a certificate for this course, you must submit a Community Education Proposal (described below) instead of taking a final exam.